Wellness Modules and Nourish Manual
The goal of MKS+ is for participants to develop a community of support and safely engage in physical activity and learning.
The goal of Makoyoh’sokoi is to support women to:
- Learn and carry out holistic ways of health/wellness.
- Reflect on health and well-being.
- Become a part of a community in which trust, respect, family, and culture are valued.
- Explore physical activities and increase their capabilities to enjoy movement at a capacity suitable to their individual needs and ability.
- Develop a positive relationship with food.
- Encourage eating habits to support well-being based on flexibility and their own unique needs, instead of a plan focused mainly on weight control (using the Health at Every Size® (HAES®) approach)
All participants will be given a manual containing the NOURISH HEALTH AND WELL-BEING MODULES© that have been developed for this program in consultation with physicians, dieticians, community members, and Elders. Below is an example of what to expect!
Nourish Health and Well-Being Modules
- Week 1. Welcome and Elder Teachings
- Week 2. Get Active! – keeping fun, variety and safety in mind
- Week 3. Understanding Your Natural Healthy Self
- Week 4. Holistic Approach to Health – Reflection
- Week 5. Honouring Culture and Traditions
- Week 6. Positive Eating Attitudes
- Week 7. Take Time to Eat
- Week 8. Putting Together A Meal
- Week 9. Fibre and Grains
- Week 10. Vegetables and Fruits
- Week 11. Protein Foods
- Week 12. Beverages and the 1⁄2 Way Celebration!
- Week 14. Food Skills – Menu Planning
- Week 16. Food Skills – Grocery Shopping and The Influence of Medications on Health
- Week 18. Relationship with Our Body and Weight
- Week 20. Self-Care for Our Body
- Week 22. When Life Takes Us Away from Eating Well and Special Social, Cultural or Mental Health Guest
- Week 24. Final Day Celebration!